BiTriMulti (BTM) in UK – Multilateral Training Course for Newcomers in Youth in Action,
28 November – 2 December 2012 | United Kingdom
Newcomer training how to develop Youth Exchanges organised by the network of National Agencies
The BiTriMulti training supports voluntary as well as full-time youth workers dealing directly with young people in developing their first international Youth Exchange in the framework of the YOUTH IN ACTION programme.
The aim of the BTM training course is to offer an international learning experience to practitioners active in the youth work field, enabling them to develop their competences in setting up quality Youth Exchange projects under the Youth in Action Programme.
Objectives of BTM:
– To provide an informed introduction to the Youth in Action Programme, focusing on Youth Exchanges and their capacity to enhance young people’s active engagement in the making of Europe (though not exclusively) for newcomers to the programme;
– To offer an individual and group learning experience through a simulated process on setting up a Youth Exchange project;
– To develop the necessary knowledge, skills, and attitudes to organise a Youth Exchange, based on the non-formal learning practice, principles, and quality standards of the Youth in Action Programme;
– To enable participants to reflect on their learning and to familiarise themselves with Youthpass – the strategy on the recognition of non-formal learning in the youth field, its technical tool to produce Youthpass Certificates, and its application in Youth Exchanges in particular and the Youth in Action Programme in general;
– To offer the opportunity to meet possible partner groups and to make contacts in other countries.
Programme: The BTM training is a learning-by-doing experience, built on a simulation exercise which is interspersed with workshops, info sessions, activities to improve the group dynamics, and ends with an evaluation.
The Network of National Agencies for “Youth in Action” organises a series of BTMs each year. You’ll find an overview on all the upcoming BTMs at http://www.salto-youth.net/BTM/.
Available downloads: BTM Infopack for Participants 2012.pdf
Application deadline: 2 September 2012
This Training course is for 30 participants from Belgium – FL, Croatia, Cyprus, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Slovak Republic, Turkey, United Kingdom and recommended for Youth workers, Youth leaders.
Organizer: UK YiA National Agency (National Agency)
Co-organizer(s): Participating NAs (selecting applicants and financing travel costs) (National Agency)
SALTO T&C RC (co-ordinator) (SALTO)
Contact for questions: Naomi Taylor
This project is financed by the Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country.
Please contact your NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
This training activity is funded by: Youth in Action Programme