Call for expressions of interest in contributing to new book on practice of youth work
“In Defence of Youth Work”, a movement based in the UK, is looking at the possibility of publishing a new book and invites expressions of interest in contributing to it.
The book would aim to:
– continue to support youth workers in whatever settings they are working,
– continue to support youth work as a distinctive practice of democratic education,
– seek to generate stories as evidence of its value and impacts,
– draw these stories from both open access/voluntary engagement and targeted and non-youth work settings such as schools, youth offending and housing associations and
– use the stories to open up the debate on such questions as: Is the practice youth work? How is it youth work? How is it not youth work?
– offer guidance on using story-telling in planned and rigorous ways.
Further information to be found here: http://tinyurl.com/mbl4hyo
For further support please contact Mr Bernard Davies at: firstname.lastname@example.org