CALL FOR TRAINERS – Training course on the Inclusion of Roma youth in the Youth in Action programme
6-9 November 2012, Slovenia
The SI and UK National Agencies of the YIA programme in cooperation with SALTO SEE RC and SALTO CD RC are looking for 2 trainers for the preparation, implementation and evaluation of this training course.
AIMS OF THE TRAINING COURSE
The main aim of the TC is to get more organisations working with Roma involved in the programme with projects involving young Roma participants.
Objectives of the TC:
• To present the opportunities for international projects within the Youth in Action programme
• To give basic training in international project management (planning, implementation and evaluation)
• To establish links and enable quality partnership-building between the participating organizations
• To offer space for sharing local practice as well as any international experience
• To present best practices of international Youth in Action projects
• To identify further support or tools required for the participation of Roma youth in the Youth in Action programme
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
• 25 participants from YIA programme countries and the neighbouring SEE region
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS
• Participants should come from organisations dealing with Roma youth and with no or little experience in international projects.
DATES AND VENUE OF THE TRAINING
• Slovenia, 6-9 November 2012 (four full working days)
• The programme of activities will be carried out by two trainers in consultation with
• Sound knowledge about the Youth in Action programme, particularly in Actions 1.1, 2.1, 3.1 and 4.3;
• Expertise on issues related to the inclusion of young people with less opportunities in the Youth in Action programme, in view of reaching the objectives of the training course (as described above);
• Knowledge about / experience in working with Roma youth or related field is an asset;
• Experience in using methods that can be used in a culturally diverse groups with different levels of experience in the YIA programme;
• Overall trainer skills with regard to working with groups in non-formal educational and youth work settings.
• Excellent English language skills.
• A two day preparatory meeting is foreseen in 27-28 June 2012 in Ljubljana.
TIME INVOLVEMENT AND TRAINER FEES
• The selected trainers are expected to participate in the preparation meeting of two working days;
• The trainers are also expected to submit a final report of the seminar.
• Each trainer will receive a fee of €280 per day (2 days of preparatory meeting, 4 days of activity and 1 day for the report), which adds up to €1960 per trainer in total.
• All candidates must apply by filling in the online application form under
http://www.salto-youth.net/mySALTO/applicationonline/1054/ latest by 30th of May 2012. Filling in the application requires registration in MySALTO (which is quick and free).
For more infor Contact the Institute MOVIT on:
Slovenian National Agency of the Youth in Action Programme
SI – 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Tel.: +386-1-430 47 47
Fax: +386 1- 430 47 49