This call for proposals is for indirect actions under the multi-annual Community Programme on protecting children using the Internet and other communication technologies (Safer Internet).
The Safer Internet programme is a successor to the Safer Internet plus programme (2005-2008).
Safer Internet is based on four actions:
1) ensuring public awareness
2) fighting against illegal content and tackling harmful conduct online
3) promoting a safer online environment
4) establishing a knowledge base.
It is implemented through annual Work Programmes.
The present call is open for proposals addressing the following actions:
Action 1 and action 2: Ensuring Public Awareness and Fighting Against Illegal Content and Harmful Conduct Online
1.1. Integrated network: Safer Internet Centres — awareness-raising
1.2. Integrated network: European Co-ordination of Safer Internet Centres
Action 3: Promoting a Safer Online Environment
3.1. Thematic network: NGO Network for Child Protection on the Internet
Action 4: Establishing a Knowledge Base
4.1. Knowledge Enhancement Project: Testing Training Programmes for Professionals Working with Children at Risk
The programme is open for legal entities established in
– the Member States
– the EFTA States which are contracting parties to the EEA Agreement (Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein).
– legal entities established in other countries under the conditions set out in Article 2 of the Programme Decision, provided that a bilateral agreement is signed.
– legal entities established in Russia may take part in Action 1.1 (Safer Internet Centres) under the conditions specified in the Work Programme. They may also take part in thematic networks and knowledge enhancement projects under the same conditions as entities established in Member States (but not as project co-ordinators).
Deadline: 4 May 2011 at 17.00 (Luxembourg local time).
Text of the call.