The Council of Europe’s Youth Department has launched a call for two consultants to work on the process of revision of the European Portfolio for youth workers and youth leaders.
The European Portfolio for youth leaders and youth workers is an initiative of the Council of Europe in cooperation with experts and partners, which contributes to the recognition of youth workers’ and youth leaders’ experience and skills and also to increase the recognition of youth work and non-formal education and learning.
The Portfolio was developed between 2004 and 2009, and published in 2007 first and reprinted in 2009. It was developed by a team of experts and tested through a training course in 2006.
The Portfolio needs to be revised in order to first of all include the most relevant tendencies and directions in the work on recognition of youth work, as well as represent more the realities and diversity of youth work in Europe.
The Council of Europe intends to start the work of revision of the Portfolio in 2013 and continue in 2014. The work of the consultants will start in 2013 and continue in 2014.
Eligible consultants should have:
– experience and expertise in youth work, youth work training and recognition of youth work processes;
– experience and expertise in non-formal education processes and intercultural learning;
– solid understanding of the principles and practices of youth policy, youth work and non-formal education, as promoted by the Council of Europe;
– expertise in working with processes of self-assessment and competences framework, particularly in the field of youth work;
– experience in writing and developing educational publications and materials for youth workers;
– excellent English writing skills; knowledge of other languages will be an asset;
– experience in processes related to the recognition of youth work and quality development and assurance in non-formal education.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com by 20 October 2013.