STEP Beyond offers mobility grants for artists and cultural workers travelling within wider the European Neighbourhood – between EU and non-EU countries.
All the activities of the ECF mobility fund, STEP beyond (Supporting Travel for European Projects) that encourages travel are revolved around three strategic guiding principles:
1. Empowerment of people through art and culture – support is given to different communities in Europe to encourage the exchange and empowerment of under-represented groups.
2. Connecting sources of knowledge – sharing and connecting knowledge is vital in creating an open Europe.
3. Linking policy and practice – projects that help build an open Europe by contributing to cultural policy development locally, nationally, regionally and at a European level.
– artists or cultural workers of any contemporary artistic or cultural discipline (individual or representing a cultural or artistic independent organisation);
– based in Europe or in its neighbourhood;
– maximum 35 years old;
In case of group travel:
– a maximum of three individuals applying for the same event;
– group applications need to be submitted by the host organisation.
What countries can you travel to and from?
In order to facilitate the functioning of the fund as well as to reach its aims, the larger pan-European area has been divided in two groups.
The 27 Member States of the European Union;
The European FreeTrade Association (EFTA) countries: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.
In Europe: Western Balkans(Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, (FYROM),Montenegro and Serbia), Belarus, Moldavia, Russia, South Caucasus (Armenia,Azerbaijan and Georgia) Turkey and Ukraine.
In the South and East Mediterranean: Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya,Morocco, Palestine Territory, Syria and Tunisia.
The STEP beyond offers three types of grants (350, 500 and 700 Euro) based on travel distances and average travel costs.
The eligible applications are evaluated by the STEP beyond team during the pre-selection phase, after this assessment ECF decides which proposal it will support. Both awarded and rejected applicants are notified by e-mail around one month after the application submission date.
Deadlines are ongoing. Applications can be made throughout the year.
For further details: