The objectives of the EBBA awards are as follows:
– Further increase the visibility and cross-border success of the winners,
– Inspire other emerging artists so that they can achieve international success, as well as
– Raise broader awareness in the music industry and among the broader public of the large amount of high quality musical talent in Europe that deserves to be better known and promoted both across the continent and beyond.
The aim of this call for proposals is to ensure the continuation of the EBBA Awards beyond the 2014 edition.
More specifically, it is to select an organisation/consortium that will:
1. Develop a solid and credible mechanism for the selection of European artists/groups in the field of rock, pop and dance music who have managed to achieve success in Europe with their first international release beyond their home country;
2. Organise an annual high quality and visible awards ceremony as of the 2015 edition. This ceremony should succeed in highlighting artists’ cross border success, in promoting the artists’ music and in reaching a broad and diversified audience.
3. Create a momentum ensuring high visibility for the Prize, the winners and the values that the Prize promotes in between the award ceremonies, and engage different target groups for the Prize;
Public or private organisations whose activity lies in the field of rock, pop and dance music and which have at least five years proven experience in
organising activities and events at a European level in this field.
Organisations must have their registered legal seat in one of the following countries: European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA), and Candidate Countries.
The starting date of the action for the 2015 edition of the prize is expected to be between May 2014 and December 2014 and shall last a maximum of one year.
Deadline: 31 January 2014
All details can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/culture/calls-for-proposals/call-eac-s04-2013-ebba_en.htm