The European Environment Agency (EEA) has launched the Waste-smART – Photo, cartoon and video competition about waste in Europe.
Citizens from [ http://www.eea.europa.eu/about-us/countries-and-eionet ]EEA member countries and West Balkan cooperating countries, from 18 years old, are invited to express their thoughts by making a photo, cartoon or video answering the following questions:
– How do you see wasted food, construction waste, landfills, composting?
– How can we better reduce, re-use or recycle waste?
– How do you want Europe’s waste policy to look like in the future?
How to participate
– Entrants will have to take an original photo, a short video or a cartoon, all supported by a short text.
– Each entrant may submit a maximum of five entries.
– Entries should be uploaded to an online sharing site, such as YouTube, Vimeo, Flickr, Shutterfly, Snapfish or Photobucket.
– Each entry should be accompanied by a [ http://www.eea.europa.eu/about-us/what/public-events/competitions/waste-smart-competition/submission-form ]submission form.
The winner of each category (photo, video, cartoons) will be awarded a cash prize of EUR 500. In addition, a Youth Prize of EUR 500 will be awarded to the winning entry, selected among those submitted by persons aged between 18 and 24 (born in calendar years 1995-1989) to any of the competition categories.
All the finalists will be put forward for the People’s Choice Award and may also feature in future digital and print material from the EEA and its European partners.
Deadline: 30 September 2013 at 12:00 (CET).
The competition will be added to the Eurodesk database.