The European Network and Information Security Agency (ENISA) offers traineeships for periods of up to five months. The traineeship program aims to provide trainees with work experience in the field of network and information security.
Aims of traineeship:
• To provide trainees an understanding of the objectives and activities of ENISA.
• To enable trainees to acquire practical experience and knowledge of the day-today work of ENISA Departments and Units.
• To enable trainees to put into practice knowledge acquired during their studies, or professional careers.
The traineeship scheme is addressed mainly to young university graduates, without excluding those who – in the framework of lifelong learning – have recently obtained a university diploma and are at the beginning of a new professional career.
Trainees are selected from nationals of the Member States of the European Union and of candidate countries. A limited number of nationals of non-Member States are also accepted according to available resources.
Candidates must have completed the first cycle of university education (preferably computer science, mathematics, physics) and obtained a full degree or its equivalent by the closing date for applications. For declared ongoing studies an official declaration from the relevant university must be provided. If recruited for a traineeship, certified copies of all diplomas declared and, if applicable, official certified translations will be required.
Candidates must have a very good knowledge of English and another Community language.
Traineeships are open to candidates who have not:
• already benefited or benefit from any kind of traineeship (formal or informal, paid or unpaid) within a European institution or body
• had or have any kind of employment within a European institution or body, including anyone who is or has been an assistant to a Member of the European Parliament, an intra-muros consultant or researcher, a temporary staff member, a contract staff member, an auxiliary staff member or an interim staff member of any EU institution, body, delegation or representative office.
Trainees will be awarded a monthly grant of 700 EUR.
Sickness and accident insurances are compulsory and are not covered by ENISA. Proof of the insurances must be presented to ENISA within one week of the start of the stage period.
Recruited trainees will get reimbursed the travel expenses incurred at the beginning and at the end of the traineeship.
How to apply
ENISA accepts only electronic application forms submitted via e-mail.
There are two steps in the application procedure:
1. Online application (for all applicants)
2. Submission of a full application (only for candidates invited to interview)
At the first stage, candidates must submit their application electronically using the application form which is available only in English on the ENISA website on: http://www.enisa.europa.eu/recruitment/vacancies/traineeship-notice-1/at_download/applicationForm
Translations of the application form are available for reference purposes in the other EU official languages on the application procedure webpage. All parts of the form must be completed in full. Candidates should assess their eligibility before starting the application.
Candidates will receive an automatic confirmation acknowledging the receipt of their application. In case of tehnical or other difficulties contact the HR Team +30 2810-391293 or +30 2810-391292 Monday to Friday 9:00-17:30 (GMT+2) or via email on:
Find out more details about the application process on:
The deadline for applications is 31 June 2012. The first evaluation for traineeships will take place no earlier than one month following the publication of the vacancy notice. Further evaluations will be carried out as necessary to fill possible on going needs.
Find out more on: http://www.enisa.europa.eu/recruitment/vacancies/traineeship-notice-1