The European Young Innovators Forum (EYIF), in cooperation with Huawei and Microsoft, has launched a new competition for young European entrepreneurs. The competition, entitled ‘InnoApps, Huawei Apps Developers European Challenge’, is open to university students and young professionals under 27 who are EU residents and gives them a chance to create an app and turn it into a business.
Under the theme of social inclusion, the contest aims to contribute to a more inclusive society by fostering ‘e-skills’, increasing ‘e-participation’ and promoting entrepreneurship among young people.
There is also a special Female Developer Prize, designed to highlight female role models to encourage more girls to delve into the fascinating world of technology.
How to participate
– Entrants should submit their [ https://skydrive.live.com/survey?resid=2EACBD409F7AE453!107&authkey=!ALzL98NMCeUdE7Q ]application form online and describe their Windows Phone app idea in a short video (< 3 min.), accompanied by a presentation (maximum 6 slides).
– The description should include what the innovative approach to the social inclusion theme is, and how the app will benefit its target user group.
– The winner of the first prize will be awarded €5000 and will enjoy full commercialisation support to help them promote their app.
– The developers who come in first and second place, and the top female developer, will win a trip to China to visit innovation centres.
– These developers, and the audience’s selected winner, will also have their apps promoted in Microsoft’s Windows store.
– The six finalists will be invited to a workshop in Brussels, and will get promotion on the organisers’ websites.
– The six finalists, and six runners-up, will also receive a Huawei phone each.
Deadline: 8 September 2013
Find out more: [ http://www.innoapps.eu/ ]www.innoapps.eu
The competition will be added to the Eurodesk database.