The mid-term Evaluation of Preparatory Actions and Special Events in the Field of Sport has been completed and is now publicly available.
The Evaluation Report presents findings and conclusions on the first two years of implementation of Preparatory Actions and Special Events and it provides recommendations for future EU incentive measures in the field of sport.
The main purpose of the Evaluation Report is to analyse and assess the relevance, effectiveness, and efficiency, as well as the EU-added value, of the Preparatory Actions and Special Events that were carried out during 2009 and 2010, the first two years of Preparatory Action funding.
In examining the EU added value in the filed of sport has been demonstrated in a number of ways, including:
• Alleviating discrepancies between Member States;
• Spreading best practices;
• Testing the viability of networks across the subject areas supported;
• Providing policy support through knowledge generation;
• Strengthening the European dimension in sport.
The report and its executive summary can be downloaded from: