Finding Demo is a training course on democracy, active participation & exploring full potential of youth in action youth democracy projects. It aims to present Youth Democracy Projects in an accessible way to mobilise communities and their young people.
– Discuss characteristics of democracy and active participation of young people in Europe,
– Motivate participants and help them gain competences in using Action 1.3 Youth Democracy Projects, and
– Help them discover innovative ways and approaches to address the needs of their own communities through Action 1.3 Youth Democracy Projects.
During the training, we will:
– Demystify democracy and active participation. Working with other people coming from different backgrounds and cultures, you will be able to share experiences and knowledge which will be further developed and supported through thematic input and the use of various methods.
– Explore and investigate the role of young people in democratic processes in society. You will be challenged to look into the different spheres of young people’s everyday life, and what facilitates or blocks their active participation in society.
– Give information about Action 1.3 Youth Democracy Projects.
– Find innovative ways to enhance democracy amongst young people. You will be challenged to think creatively on new ways to motivate young people to be active in their own communities.
Training will be organised in Southern Finland. You are expected arrive on Tuesday afternoon and depart on Sunday. The training methods are active and require participation.
This Training course is for 30 participants from Bulgaria, Croatia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain and recommended for Youth workers, Youth leaders, community workers
Working language(s): English
CIMO – Centre for International Mobility (National Agency)
Contact for questions:
Costs: This project is financed by the Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country. Please contact the Maltese NA (EUPA) to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
Deadline to Apply : 13 March 2012
For more information and to apply please click on Salto-Youth net website.