Minorities of Europe (MoE) is a pan-European minority youth platform which seeks to support and assist the co-operation, solidarity and exchange between different minority communities and young people in Europe.
Minorities of Europe will hold a study session “Minority Rights Protection – 20 years on” at the European Youth Centre Budapest from 6 to 13 May 2012.
The study will focus on:
– Minority status: equal rights versus special rights
– Changes in social landscape: “new” minorities versus “old” minorities
– Integration strategies in Europe
– Positive action
– Implementation of international conventions into practice in CoE Member States
– Positive developments of international legal instruments versus poor implementation of international standards into practice
– Activities of minority youth organisations over the last 20 years
The study session will bring together youth workers and youth leaders interested or concerned by the following themes: minorities and youth work.
Participants need to be:
– between 20 and 30 years old,
– able to attend the full duration of the training course
– able to work in English and
– reside in a Council of Europe Member State
All those interested in attending have to submit application to email@example.com by 26 February 2012