The European Commission Directorate General for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion has launched a photo competition entitled: “Take your European Health Insurance Card on holiday!”. To win a holiday trip for two people in Mallorca, Spain, participants are expected to upload a photo featuring European Health Insurance Card in travelling/holiday situation.
• This contest is open only on Internet and accessible only to EU residents and residents of Iceland, Lichtenstein, Switzerland and Norway aged 18 and over at the time of the contest.
• To enter the contest, participants must: submit one (1) photo featuring European Health Insurance Card in travelling/holiday situation and provide their contact details (name, email address, phone number (optional)).
• The winner will be the author of the photo with most votes by 31 August 2011, 12:00 CET (based on online voting).
• Results will be announced on Social Europe Facebook page on 1 September 2011.
• All participants must agree to the subsequent rights-free use of their photo material by the European Commission.
Photographs have to feature the European Health Insurance Card in holiday/travel situations. If the photo is located geographically it has to be in the European Union or in the other four countries where the EHIC is valid (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and Norway).
Each entry must comply with the following requirements:
• Photographs must be in digital format. Only online entries will be eligible. No print or film submissions will be accepted for entry into this competition.
• Photographs must be submitted digitally and uploaded in .jpg format, via the application available on Social Europe Facebook page (the online entry form).
• All images submitted should contain little to no human subjects. Otherwise the author will have written permission of the photographed person(s) and/or their legal guardians.
• The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
The winning image will be selected based on online voting (by other participants, visitors of Social Europe FB page and DG Employment website and any other members of general public).
The photo with most votes will win the competition, provided that it fully complies with photo criteria as mentioned above.
The winner will be confirmed in September 2011 and results announced on the Social Europe FB page.
There will be one (1) prize for one (1) winning photo.
The prize comprises of a trip to Mallorca (Spain) for 2 persons.
Period in which the trip has to take place: 17.09.2011 – 31.10.2011
The deadline for submission of entries is 31st August 2011 at 12:00 CET
Read the terms and conditions in full and find out more on: http://campaigns.halalati.com/fc/insurance-card/photoContest-Ehic/home
Visit the facebook page of “Social Europe” to vote your favorite photo: http://www.facebook.com/socialeurope?v=app_4949752878
Learn more about the European Health Insurance Card on: http://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=559