ACTION 1.1 YOUTH EXCHANGE
‘’Each Tree is a Life’’
Project Name : Each Tree is a Life
Activity Date : 13.10.2013 – 20.10.2013 (7 Days)
Place : BATMAN / TURKEY
Participants : 15-25 age from Programme Countries (No age limits for group leader)
7 participants + 1 Leader from each organization.
Target Group : Youth (15+ -25) in Europe
Budget: 70% of Tickets you will receive for Reimbursement and Accomodation foods will be covered by us.
OUR PROJECT AIM:
– inform about threat of natural environment,global warming and dessertation,
– deploy sensitivity on problems of environment
– expand of content of program material from ecological education and capabilities of children
– awake youn people’s conscience for natural problems,
– arise youths’ interest to plant trees and protect their forest,their world.
– show humanity the present world’s situation and the future threats for next generations.
– increase cultural interaction between countries
– devolop youths’ communication skills in English
– build a friendship bridge between European countries
– gain self-confidence in participating activities.
– To emphasize the importance of youth and NGOs’ participation for planting trees and making youth forests in European Couthries.
– To contribute to the concept of the European Union and European Citizenship
– To increase cooperation between States and NGOs
– To strengthen the understanding of respect, tolerance and love among European Youth
SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT:
Forest ecosystems provide valuable human products and ecosystem services.Deforestation has already removed about half of the world’s forests, and in our lifetime threatens to eliminate most of the remaining tropical forests. Many temperate forests are re-growing, however forests are managed for multiple uses, to restore as much as possible of natural ecosystem function, and in some cases to attempt to restore “old-growth” or pre-disturbance conditions.
The project aims to inform all participants about threat of natural environment,global warming and dessertation,
deploy people’s sensitivities on problems of environment,expand of content of program material from ecological education and capabilities of youths,awake youngsters and people’s conscience for natural problems,arise participants’ interest to plant trees and protect their forest,their world, show humanity the present world’s situation and the future threats for next generations,increase cultural interaction and build a friendship bridge between European countries,develop youths’ communication skills in English and gain self-confidence in participating activities. With this multifunctional project , many youngs from different cultural backgrounds will come together and create an identity, understand eachother with a wise tolerance, respectness, take an active participation in all project activities and finally combine a European active citizenship. Different people from different countries will get together under the same tree.
The project will be held between 13-20 october 2013 in Batman city with Lıthuania, Spain,Romania,Bulgaria under the coodination of Turkey. Using non-formal methods the youngsters from 5 participating countries will do a cultural exchange, try to learn to learn, know eachother and get the opportunity of making a self contribution to their personal development.