The Turkish Cultural Foundation sponsors research on subjects related to the art and culture of Turkey, and to studies related to the preservation of Turkey’s artistic and cultural heritage. The TCF Fellowship Program’s mission is to recognize and assist students and researchers whose scholastic achievements reflect the commitment of the Turkish Cultural Foundation to research, document, preserve and promote Turkey’s cultural heritage.
Fellowships are open to scholars who are engaged in the research phase of doctoral studies and for scholars whose Ph.D. or equivalent professional training has been completed within the past 10 years.
Eligibility and Duration
Doctoral candidates and post-doctoral scholars in research fields related to the culture and arts of Turkey are invited to submit applications for fellowships. The length of the fellowship is of one year.
Ten dissertation research grants and five post-doctoral fellowships are available each academic year to qualified applicants.
Amount Offered: USD 10,000 for PhD level fellowships and USD 15,000 for post-doctoral level fellowships.
How to apply
Applicants must submit one set of the following documents:
• Application Letter (title of the project, field of study, a statement of purpose). This letter should be no longer than 1½ pages (approx. 375 words)
• Application form (downloadable on: http://www.turkishculturalfoundation.org/files/FellowshipApplication2011.doc
• Proposal/essays (max. 2,000 words). Indicate description of the project and its importance, including a table of contents, a brief survey of the literature, progress already made, anticipated time of completion.
• An introductory article on the research subject for TCF’s website. This article should be no longer than 1½ pages (approx. 375 words) with images (6-9 high resolution images).
• Three signed letters of recommendation (If applicant is a doctoral candidate, one from the student’s thesis advisor.)
• Official transcripts (for doctoral candidate)
• Evidence of English language proficiency when applicable
Application form and all supporting material should be submitted via both mail and e-mail to:
Turkish Cultural Foundation Istanbul Subesi
Cumhuriyet Caddesi Cumhuriyet Apt. 17/1
Taksim, Istanbul 34437 – Turkey
E-Mail: [ fcp://@mail.eurodesk.org,%231015448/MailBoxemail@example.com ]firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 15 October 2011
Find out more information on: http://www.turkishculturalfoundation.org/pages.php?ID=31#app